If you are a beginner to WordPress SEO, you need to understand that there are more than one factors that play a role in rankings..
One thing to think about is your on-page SEO. This is the part where you can send many ‘signals’ to search engines about the meaning of your content and purpose of your page.
EACH TIME YOU ADD A NEW BLOG POST YOU WILL WANT TO FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
- Write your post
- Login to your WordPress website, go to Posts and click Add New
- Enter the Title of your post
- This is a great article on choosing a great blog title
- Paste the text in the Text Editor
- Proofread and then make the post scannable. Change one-liners and blurbs to Heading 2 or 3.
- Add images to the text body (file sizes for images should be around 500kb).
- Set Categories (remember less is more here)
- Set Tags (these are more specific than categories)
- Set Featured Image (most often your ‘branded’ blog image)
- Add any additional images into the text body
- Add Alt Text to images
- Add external links
- Preview post and proof again
- Change schedule date to the desired date
- Click Schedule
- Publish to networks
Want to optimize your post to the fullest? Use the Yoast SEO plugin and update your new post’s title for search engines, meta description, and keywords in the fields beneath your post.